Thursday, September 18, 2008

Don't I get some kind of award?

We've made it nine whole months! Ada is still alive(and sleeping like an angel), growing like bamboo (much faster than a weed grows), and doesn't quite have any teeth yet but they will come. There is still plenty of time for all that. I still have my sanity, (for the most part)-- meaning I'm not in a padded cell yet so I'm taking that as a win. Hooray!

Man how time flies. My friend Cadence pointed out to me today that Ada has been out of the womb almost as long as she was in the womb. That's crazy to think about. And it reminds me to count my blessings that I'm not having Irish twins since I'm not pregnant and don't plan to be magically having a baby next month. Hooray to that!

A lot has changed in the past 9 months. I'm a mom and that's kind of a big deal. I love my husband even more than ever because he is an awesome dad, super supportive of me and the things I do and my new role as a mom -- minus the whole taking pictures of me and the baby but that's a universal issue with men and their baby momma's--and I realize I could not possibly have picked a better partner to have on my family "team" for the next seventy plus years. So that's cool. :)

Hmmm... what else... I'm in a new job that I like a lot more than my old job. It's really challenging and cerebral which frustrates the crap out of me but it is great for my career growth and how can I complain when I get to work 3 days a week and play with Ada 4 days a week. I can't. Hooray for that.

So with all of these good changes in life, I must say, I don't need no stinkin' award. Ada is plenty reward enough. :)

Moral of the story: Life is good. Enjoy what you've got. Accentuate the positives... Breathe. Live.

No comments: