Thursday, March 5, 2009

Now Hiring - Take 5

When everything seems to be going along so well...

BAM!

My nanny is moving back home to live with her parents.

But not until May. At least I've got some time to replace her.

And my frustrations continue.

I just got done telling my friend that no matter how hard you try, you just can't plan to have a nanny for more than 6 months. It just doesn't work out that way. If the nanny candidate jumps around a lot, that's fine. Don't worry about it. Just roll with it and enjoy him/her while you can.

There was daycare - where she got kicked out, Ashley 1 (two days a week) and Emily (one day a week for about 3 weeks), then my friend Jessi and my mom filled in when she went to Hawaii for a month, then Gosha (she lasted half a day and taught me that a native English speaker was #1 on my list of qualities), Stacy (a month and a half before her back wasn't going to be able to lift our chunky monkey), and Ashley 2 who's been with us for quite some time now - September maybe? At least the streak is getting a bit longer.

Bummer. I really like Ashley too.

Well, we'll enjoy then next month or so and start the process over again. Who knows what the world will bring but I'm excited to continue riding the wave. :)

Moral of the story: Consider yourself warned. Childcare isn't easy and you just have to roll with the punches. Hold on and enjoy the ride.

No comments: