Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Better with a Butt Wiggle

I have this theory about Ada. I call it "every thing is better with a butt wiggle."

Clearly, she knows something we don't about the power of the butt wiggle. She's almost constantly happy and frequently wiggling her butt. Coincidence? I think not.

At the dinner table, she wiggles.

Walking down the street, she wiggles.

Dancing around the house, she wiggles.

Playing at the park, she wiggles.

In the bathtub while getting clean, she wiggles.

While sitting on the potty, she wiggles.

Maybe she just can't sit still, but maybe none of us should sit still?

I've taken the hint and tried to incorporate it into my day, albeit inconspicuously. Sometimes I just rock my hips back and forth in public, imagining it as a full-blown wiggle while keeping it under wraps. Other times I all out wiggle. I have a feeling that if the people of the world wiggled more often, happiness would rule more freely.

Moral of the story: Go ahead and add a little wiggle to your day and watch your mood improve. Give it a try. You'll be happy you did.

No comments: