Friday, August 13, 2010

It's Not Thunder

Trying to teach a two-and-a-half-year old that the Blue Angels doing fly byes just over our house in preparation for the Chicago Air Show this weekend isn't easy. Luckily, we have You Tube these days and I was able to pull up a video of the Blue Angels and the sounds they make. Then I took Ada outside to sit on the porch and watch for them to fly overhead. Sure enough, they delivered. One went just over our house and a few minutes later they entertained us with their six plane formation. What I can't believe is that I currently have Ada passed out in our bedroom with these guys overhead and it is LOUD! And, I have Iain passed out in the dining room at the same time. Miracles do happen!

Moral of the story: The Internet has a plethora of information to help explain the many wonders of the world to your children. And many sources are free so take advantage.

No comments: