Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Get out of Jail Free

How can I reprimand this face?

So what if he did spit up on my jeans that I only wore for three hours. So what if it takes me an hour to wash them in our all-in-one washing machine and then a day to line dry them. So what if they are my only cute jeans that fit. And so what if my arm smells like spit up. I couldn't blame him for that-- at least not for long. He's too cute.

How could I hold a grudge against this guy for waking me up in the middle of the night because he had gas? And how could I be mad when he cried because his teeth were bothering him? With a smile like that, he had the key to my heart and a permanent "get out of jail free" card.

Moral of the story: Kids are cute so that we forgive them easily. It is a survival skill.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just catching up on your last few posts....you seem to be a little more Zen-Momma than usual. Happy belated B-Day to Ada and early Christmas to all. I hope you guys can relax a bit enjoy the holidays. As an FYI, I'm done with school after next week and hoping life will slow down significantly. Would LOVE to reunite with the knitting gang...and I have some fun news to share too--lets just say your blog is going to be an important resource in the coming months ; )